Overseas Direct Investment & Asset Allocation Platform – ODI (Overseas Direct Investment)
ODI denotes when Chinese enterprises and organizations directly invest overseas through establishing subsidiaries, M&A, equity participation, etc., following review and approval by relevant government departments. It is the legal and complied channel for Chinese companies to expand their business overseas through investment and mergers.
- The Chamber of Commerce
Overall review of overseas investment matters
Issue the "Enterprise Overseas Investment Certificate"
• "Interim Measures for Foreign Investment Filing (Approval) Reports" (Shanghefa  No. 24)
• "Measures for the Administration of Overseas Investment" (Order of the Ministry of Commerce, 2014 No. 3)
- Development and Reform Commission
It Mainly supervises the overseas investment of Corporations
Industry flow and legal record.
• Measures for the Administration of Overseas Investment by Enterprises (Decree No. 11, 2017)
• Answers to frequently asked questions overseas, 61 questions (2018.06)
- Administration of Foreign Exchange
It mainly supervises capital outflows.
• "Regulations on Foreign Exchange Administration of Overseas Direct Investment by Domestic Institutions" (Huifa  No. 30)
• "Foreign Exchange Notice for Overseas Investment, Financing and Return Investment" (Huifa  No. 37) AndQuestions and Answers on the No. 37 Reform Policy (2018.01)